Hearthstone will utilize Distance Learning instructional strategies for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. To clarify how Distance Learning will affect student grades, our instructional leaders developed the 2019-20 Spring Semester Temporary Grading Procedure. Even though school facilities are closed, it is our expectation that teachers continue to teach and students continue to learn. It is our goal to provide consistent feedback to students on their academic work and provide academic support as needed.
The transition to Distance Learning began on March 16, 2020. As a result, the 2019-20 Spring Semester Temporary Grading Procedure includes work assigned on or after March 16th and will be in effect for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Review the document here.
Important Dates are detailed below. We encourage you to first contact your supervising teacher or school site administrator with questions about the grading procedure.
Thank you for your ongoing support and dedication to student learning during these new and challenging times.
- May 18 - Final day of Google classes
- (independent study assignments continue through May 29)
- May 21 - Final day for graduating seniors to turn in work for graduation verification
- May 29 - Last student school day; All student materials need to be returned; textbooks, library books, technology.
- Last Week of May (date to be determined) - High School Graduation & 8th Grade Promotion:
- More information will be coming out soon.
- June 5 - Report cards mailed
- June/July - Parents to complete 2020-2021 registration for returning students through Aeries Parent Portal (Parent Data Confirmation).