The Butte County Office of Education (BCOE), districts and other local education agencies use software from Escape Technology.
Software mastery can always be a bit challenging. Here are some tips that can help you be successful.
- Ensure that the Escape software client is installed on the computer you are working on. ITS can help with this
- Ensure that your manager has requested that an Escape account is to be setup. This process is best accomplished by having your manager fill out the Escape Access Form and sending it to System Support (email@example.com).
Getting Software Help
Here are some helpful tips on getting software help.
- Access the “online help” associated with any screen in Escape. In the upper right corner of each Escape window there is a “Tools” icon that looks like this By selecting “How-To”, a window with screen specific help will be displayed.
- Ask a co-worker about the question you have.
- Review the videos found in “Online Resources”
- Contact System Support Help Desk.
Using the Employee Portal
To use the Employee Portal you must first create a user account. To create this account enter https://escapeweb.bcoe.org on any browser or use the following link: Escape Employee Portal . Select “Create new user”. Answer the questions presented. The information entered must match exactly to what was entered by our HR department. If you have trouble, contact HRSupport@bcoe.org.
You are strongly encouraged to attend the working sessions if you need assistance. If you need any assistance with logins, contact the System Support Help Desk. If you need Escape installed on your computer(s), contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk.
Since the Escape software has many user resources, both within the software and online, all users will be directed to these resources first when contacting System Support for help. The FAQ’s are designed to answer some basic questions, so refer to those first before contacting staff for help. System Support is not available for one on one training, so we encourage you to ask a co-worker or Financial Services staff for more personal assistance, if needed.
The Escape Employee Portal is ready for viewing and performing certain tasks.
Please fill out this form indicating your system access needs: Escape Access Form
All inventory trainings will be held in the deRoco Conference Room.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 9-11 a.m.
- Thursday, October 15, 2020, 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 9-11 a.m.
- Thursday, February 25, 2021, 2-4 p.m.
Inventory in Escape
We will be reviewing purchase orders with receiving, how to track inventory, what information is needed to populate various fields in Escape, etc. We encourage you to attend one of these sessions to learn more about the inventory module. It will also prepare you for the upcoming Physical Inventory day.
All BCOE users are permitted access to this video through their work account. Districts may click here to request access.
Purchase orders/requisitions can be entered and submitted in production. Enter the balance of blanket purchase orders and any future purchase orders/requisitions you will need.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. I’ve forgotten my login. What should I do?
For Most, your login will be the first letter of your first name and all of your last name.
2. I’ve forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
Email System Support for assistance with PASSWORD RESET in the subject line.
3. I don’t see the Escape icon on my desktop. How do I get the software installed?
Email the ITS Helpdesk and request that it be installed.
4. I don’t see all of my accounts that I work with. How do I see the entire list?
Email Financial Services with a list of the missing accounts.
5. I need help creating a requisition/purchase order. Who can I ask for help?
Review the Online Resources in the Escape software first. There are tutorials, webinars, how-to’s and other written documentation available to all users.
If you still need assistance, ask a co-worker, Accounts Payable, or the Fiscal Services Senior Administrative Assistant.
6. What account should I use when coding invoices, timecards or journal entries?
Work with your Fiscal Budget Lead for account questions.
7. I don’t have access to an account that I need for coding, budgeting, etc. What do I do?
Work with your Fiscal Budget Lead about account access. It may be that the account doesn’t exist, a component is incorrect, or the user permissions need to be adjusted.
8. How can I get help from System Support for my problem?
System Support will not be available for one on one training at this time, so you are encouraged to seek help from other sources. The software has many resources, so you will be asked to use those first. A second option, after using those resources, is your co-workers.
1859 Bird Street, Oroville, CA 95965
Fax: (530) 532-5759