VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS (VAPA)
BCOE's VAPA Education Program helps districts, schools, and teachers provide every PK-12 student in Butte County, equity, access and excellence in arts education.
HOW WE DO IT:
- The North State Arts Education Consortium Project
- STEAM Career Faire, October 16th, 2019
- Poetry Out Loud High School Competition, Feb 11, 2020
- Superintendent's High School Art Show, Awards Reception, March 5, 2020
- Arts Education Strategic Plan for Butte County 2015/2020
- BCOE Arts Education Fund
- Professional Learning for K-12 teachers
- Pilot programs for VAPA education in rural schools
- Theatre Arts at Table Mountain School for Juvenile Correction in partnership with Slow Theatre
- After School Art/History pilot project at a Title 1 junior high school in partnership with Chico Art Center
Facts & Figures: on the benefits and decline of arts education - http://goo.gl/aXW6vA
CREATE CA - http://www.createca.dreamhosters.com/
We believe every student deserves the opportunity to create, to perform, to learn about and to experience the arts in all forms including music, theater, dance and the visual arts, both in school and out of school, every day.
Contact: Jennifer Spangler - BCOE Arts Enrichment Coordinator,
CCSESA Arts Initiative Region 2 Lead, Partner Liaison for NSAEC
(530) 532-5801 firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Arts Integration Day Information!